This program recognizes families that have demonstrated a commitment to their child's
education while enrolled in KCS Head Start. At the end of every school year, a Banquet is
held and prizes are awarded to qualifying families. We use a point system to determine
eligibility. Families earning at least 285 points are considered a "Family Of Destinction."
Points are earned through activities like:
- Participating in Home Visits and Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Attending Workshops and School Events
- Volunteering in child's classroom
- Following health, attendance, and busing policies
Become a . . .
Parents who go above and beyond receive the coveted STAR STATUS. Star families get special recognition at the Banquet and are awarded larger prize packages. To qualify as a "Star Family," parents/guardians will earn bonus points for participating in extra activities. To become a Star Family, you must meet the 285 Family points plus 110 points for the STAR STATUS for a total of 395 points.
Extra Points are earned through activities like:
- Participating in Community Service Projects* (documentation proving project/activity was completed must be provided)
- Reading to your child once each month (6 book summary forms must be obtained and completed)
- Attending extra family events, workshops, or volunteering (limit 20 points possible from this category)
*Community Service Projects can include, but are not limited to, helping at the Rescue Mission, Salvation Army, and The
Humane Society. Completing community service hours for The Kokomo Housing Authority can be counted as well.
Please contact Lisa Baumgarte at 765.454.7082 for more information.