The lessons here are NOT private lessons at this time. They are a group beginning lesson with 16 – 25 students in the room together each day. Students are receiving violin instruction 4 days per week, and keyboard instruction 4 days per week.
CRITERIA for STARTING & CONTINUING the ACTUAL VIOLIN INSTRUMENT
1. SAFETY – for yourself and students in handling violin boxes & practice bows.
2. SAFETY – for the INSTRUMENTS themselves
3. SKILLS – not perfection, but the demonstration of, violin stance, handling basic bowing and performance position.
4. COOPERATION – As a group are we following directions?
APPROXIMATE SCHEDULE (subject to change if the above criterion are in jeopardy)
New Students will begin playing the violin in proper position:
5th Grade: by last week of August
4th Grade: by last week of August
3rd Grade: 1st week of September
2nd Grade: 2nd week of September
1st Grade: 3rd week of September
Kindergarten: last week of September
VIOLIN LESSON Schedule
25 minute segment, 4 times weekly:
1. First 5 minutes sight reading with notes & staff
2. Group violin playing and practicing
3. Last 5 minutes: Ending Song and/or music game